The Midsummer Music Festival is 100% volunteer-powered! We bring together over 200 volunteers to create the magic and we would love for you to join our team!
The festival would not be possible without the generous time and skills offered by our volunteers. We are always looking for people who want to help!
Volunteer Passes & Perks
4 hours of volunteer work = day pass (same day)
12 hours of volunteer work = free weekend pass
24 hours of volunteer work = weekend pass + delicious meals
If you would like to contribute hours that will go towards a pass, you can assist in pre-festival set-up and post-festival cleanup! Volunteers help prepare the grounds; this involves various tasks that include setting up stages, organizing the grounds, clean up, and anything else that needs to get done. Carpentry skills are a definite asset.
If you would like to attend any of our work bees, please join us at the BVFMS building on the below dates:
2023 Work Bee Dates:
Festival prep: June 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 28th-30th
Festival take down: July 3rd
The BVFMS Building – located at the Bulkley Valley Fairgrounds.
2701 Pacific Avenue, Smithers, BC V0J 2NO
Time: 10am to 5pm
Lunch is provided!
Apply Now or Contact us
Please complete the electronic form here >>
If you would like more information on volunteering for the Smithers Midsummer Festival or to ask us questions, please send an email to Emily at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hanging out with kids and ensuring a safe, fun environment.
- Activities include crafts, tie-dye, face painting, the famous maze, and more.
- Protect the tunes and the tools!
- Provide responsible handling and secure storage of instruments and equipment.
- Help manage the volunteer drop-in center.
- Ensure volunteers rotate where needed.
- Offer information to performers, volunteers, and festival guests.
- *Valid Level 3 First Aid holders only.
- We want to ensure everyone stays safe and can get the help they need.
- Tending to public relations, informing guests of events, stage information, activities, rules, and amenities.
- Monitoring passes and helping to connect emergency personnel when needed.
- Mandatory pre-festival training to review security protocols and emergency procedures.
- Position requires the ability to be firm, yet friendly.
- Join the kitchen team in providing nourishment to performers, staff, and volunteers.
- *Pre-festival training may be required.
- Keeping the grounds clean.
- Help keep the recycling system flowing, so the grass can keep growing!
- *Valid driver’s license required.
- Help drive the shuttle that gets performers to and from the festival grounds.
- Assisting production staff in staging the music equipment for the bands.
- *Position requires experience with sound equipment, lighting, and stage management.
- Welcome festival guests, collect admission and camping fees, direct traffic, distribute programs, answer general queries, and monitor ID and festival passes.
- *Some pre-festival training may be required. Cashier experience an asset.