The Midsummer Music Festival is 100% volunteer-powered! We bring together over 200 volunteers to create the magic and we would love for you to join our team!
Volunteer Passes & Perks
4 hours of volunteer work = day pass (same day)
12 hours of volunteer work = free weekend pass
24 hours of volunteer work = weekend pass + delicious meals
If you would like to contribute hours that will go towards a pass, you can assist in pre-festival set-up and post-festival cleanup! Volunteers help prepare the grounds; this involves various tasks that include setting up stages, organizing the grounds, clean up, and anything else that needs to get done. Carpentry skills are a definite asset.
If you would like to attend any of our workbees, please join us at the Bulkley Valley Folk Music Society building on the below dates:
2023 Work Bee Dates:
Festival prep: June 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 28th-30th
Festival take down: July 3rd
Time: 10am to 5pm
The BVFMS Building – located at the Bulkley Valley Fairgrounds.
2701 Pacific Avenue, Smithers, BC V0J 2NO
Drive into the fairgrounds, keep left, you will see a small red building past some trees on the right side: that is the Bulkley Valley Folk Music Society building.
Apply Now or Contact us
Please complete the electronic form here >>
If you would like more information on volunteering for the Smithers Midsummer Festival or to ask us questions, please send an email to Emily at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hanging out with kids and ensuring a safe, fun environment.
- Activities include crafts, tie-dye, face painting, the famous maze, and more.
- Protect the tunes and the tools!
- Provide responsible handling and secure storage of instruments and equipment.
- Help manage the volunteer drop-in center.
- Ensure volunteers rotate where needed.
- Offer information to performers, volunteers, and festival guests.
- *Valid Level 3 First Aid holders only.
- We want to ensure everyone stays safe and can get the help they need.
- Tending to public relations, informing guests of events, stage information, activities, rules, and amenities.
- Monitoring passes and helping to connect emergency personnel when needed.
- Mandatory pre-festival training to review security protocols and emergency procedures.
- Position requires the ability to be firm, yet friendly.
- Join the kitchen team in providing nourishment to performers, staff, and volunteers.
- *Pre-festival training may be required.
- Keeping the grounds clean.
- Help keep the recycling system flowing, so the grass can keep growing!
- *Valid driver’s license required.
- Help drive the shuttle that gets performers to and from the festival grounds.
- Assisting production staff in staging the music equipment for the bands.
- *Position requires experience with sound equipment, lighting, and stage management.
- Welcome festival guests, collect admission and camping fees, direct traffic, distribute programs, answer general queries, and monitor ID and festival passes.
- *Some pre-festival training may be required. Cashier experience an asset.